Group Tours & Tastings
Philip Carter Winery Group Options
At Philip Carter Winery, we welcome the opportunity to host groups (6 to 25 people) at the winery. Whether part of a corporate team-building exercise, a bachelorette / bachelor party group, or a family gathering, we will create a wonderful experience for you.
We ask that all groups book in advance so that we might prepare for you and offer you the best service possible. These experiences are available daily and by reservation only. For groups larger than 25 persons, please contact the winery to discuss hospitality and service options for larger groups.
Group Tours & Tastings
Full Flight: $22 per person + Gratuity
Guests will be greeted on arrival and shown to a private tasting area (depending on weather and availability, this could be in Cleve Hall, in the Vineyard or in the Cellar) and provided a brief welcome and short history of Philip Carter Winery. This guided experience will provide simple tasting techniques, and a tasting including current, available vintages. A commemorative glass is included for each person.
To Make a Group Tasting Reservation please contact us by either:
- Filling out the form here
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- or Call us at 540.364.1203
Guests booked for a Group tour and Tasting will find the very best of hospitality and discovery at Philip Carter in our “grape to glass”tour. Greeted upon arrival, guests will be directed to the vineyard (weather permitting) for a welcome and introduction to the history and culture of Philip Carter Winery. Based on the time of year, a discussion of the current vineyard situation will be followed by a short walk to the production area and cellar. A comprehensive look at wine-making will be followed with a private tasting of current, available vintages. This guided tasting will provide the guests with the opportunity to engage the host and ask questions about the experience. A commemorative glass is included for each person.
Group Tours & Tastings – Premium Options
This is a scheduled private tour and tasting for 2 or 4 guests with a seasoned wine educator. Escape the city for a Private Wine Education Course at Philip Carter Winery, less than 60 miles from downtown Washington, DC in Virginia’s wine country!
- A seasoned guide will lead you through the vineyard and class explaining how the award-winning wines are produced
- Wines have received prestigious accolades from Virginia Wine Lover’s Reader’s Choice and the Virginia Governor’s Cup Competition
- Receive coupons for complimentary wine tastings
- Unwind and complete your day with a delicious picnic at the vineyard!
- All participants must be at least 21 years of age with valid ID
- Take home a souvenir corkscrew and Philip Carter Winery tasting glasses
- Complimentary tastings of current wines as well as an exclusive tasting of a special reserve wine
- Receive a 10% discount on any purchase of a bottle of wine
- The tour and wine educational course combined is approximately 1 hour in length. The picnic can be enjoyed at your own pace.
- This is a private experience for your party of 2 or 4 people.
- Friends and family are welcome to visit the winery separately as it is open to the public.
What to Wear:
- Please dress appropriately for expected weather conditions and walking.
- For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Vineyard tour, wine education class and picnic for four – $110
Each package includes the following for every two people:
- Guided vineyard and winery tour
- Wine education and appreciation experience involving the fermentation process
- Picnic of cheeses and meats
- Blanket, cutting board, and basket rental
- Two keepsake Philip Carter tasting glasses and a corkscrew
To Book this experience:
Host a private tasting in your own home or business with a Philip Carter Wine Educator. It is a great way for you and your friends to learn about wine!
Each package includes the following:
- 8 wines to taste
- 1 glass of wine per person
- Keepsake Philip Carter Winery glass
- Keepsake Philip Carter Winery corkscrew
- 10% off wine purchases that evening
- 1 hour radius from the winery. If further than 60 miles from the winery
additional travel charge applies.
Reviews for our Group Tour & Tasting Packages
“Wonderful tour of winery and vineyard. Picnic lunch was very nice. A lovely afternoon of wine tasting!”
“The wine they produce is a very good quality and the tour guide was exceptional. Very pretty setting.”
“The people at Philip Carter Winery are very knowledgeable and passionate regarding their winery and the customer experience they offer to their guests.”
“Lovely place, informative tour, good wine, nice way to spend an afternoon with friends”