The Wine Experience at Philip Carter Winery
Through education and cultural experience, we seek to bring each guest a bit closer to the history and beauty of wine in Virginia. Seasonal offerings and regular programs in wine education promote the very best of our own personal wine journey.
CURRENT TASTING EXPERIENCE Options:
4 product flight: $12.00 per person
6 product flight: $14.00 per person
Choose either 4 or 6 of our handcrafted wines and ciders to taste in a self-guided tasting experience. Tasting is served on a tray that can be taken to your table and enjoyed at your own pace. The tasting also includes the souvenir wine glass to take home.
To see a list of current wines click here
Full Flight Seated Tasting (Reservation Required)
$20.00 per person
Enjoy a full flight tasting of our handcrafted wines led by a tasting room educator at your table. The tasting also includes the souvenir wine glass to take home. Reservation is required and can be made by making an Indoor Table Reservation and selecting the seated tasting as an add-on.
MAKE YOUR INDOOR TABLE RESERVATION:
$85.00 per couple $60 per couple
Experience a tour of our winery and vineyard, learn about wines, and sit down for a private picnic in the vines. Learn about the journey a grape takes from the vines in the vineyard to the glass of wine in front of you.
Experience includes the following per couple:
- Guided vineyard and winery tour
- Wine Tasting education and appreciation experience
- Picnic of cheeses and meats
- Blanket, cutting board, and basket rental
- Two keepsake Philip Carter tasting glasses and a corkscrew
For the picnic, guests receive a blanket and basket of handcrafted cheeses, cured meat, and crackers to enjoy on the winery grounds. The basket also includes a cutting board and chocolates; the basket, board, knife, and blanket must be returned at the end of the visit.
Reservation required for this experience. Tours only offered on Saturdays & Sundays.
MAKE YOUR TOUR, TASTING, AND PICNIC RESERVATION:
This is a scheduled private tour and tasting for 2 or 4 guests with a seasoned wine educator. Escape the city for a Private Wine Education Course at Philip Carter Winery, less than 60 miles from downtown Washington, DC in Virginia’s wine country!
- A seasoned guide will lead you through the vineyard and class explaining how the award-winning wines are produced
- Wines have received prestigious accolades from Virginia Wine Lover’s Reader’s Choice and the Virginia Governor’s Cup Competition
- Receive coupons for complimentary wine tastings
- Unwind and complete your day with a delicious picnic at the vineyard!
- All participants must be at least 21 years of age with valid ID
- Take home a souvenir corkscrew and Philip Carter Winery tasting glasses
- Complimentary tastings of current wines as well as an exclusive tasting of a special reserve wine
- Receive a 10% discount on any purchase of a bottle of wine
- The tour and wine educational course combined is approximately 1 hour in length. The picnic can be enjoyed at your own pace.
- This is a private experience for your party of 2 or 4 people.
- Friends and family are welcome to visit the winery separately as it is open to the public.
What to Wear:
- Please dress appropriately for expected weather conditions and walking.
- For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
TO BOOK THIS PRIVATE TOUR EXPERIENCE: Please contact us directly at email@example.com or call 540.364.1203
Free for up to 8 people.
Table Reservations are not required but offered as an option for those who would like to have a table guaranteed to them. Two-hour table reservations are available. After the two-hour time slot, the table may be needed for another group. Seated Tastings will only be available at indoor tables. Tasting Flights available at any table.
MAKE A TABLE RESERVATION:
Estate Gazebo Rentals:
$150 for 2 1/2 Hour Rental – Up to 15 people.
Our Estate Gazebos Areas offer a semi-private space for your group to enjoy.
Each Rental Space features:
- 12’ x 16’ Gazebo with Covered lounge seating including:
- A Couch
- 2 Lounge Chairs
- 2 Foot Stools that can act as additional seating
- A Table
- A small uncovered seating area with Adirondack chairs and an optional add-on fire pit table
The Estate Gazebos can accommodate groups of up to fifteen (15), with seating for up to 10 people. While we allow up to 15 people per gazebo, if your group is larger than 10 and it rains, some folks may get wet as you will not all fit under the covered area.
Reservation required for Estate Gazebo Area Use. The Estate Gazebo Areas are available by reservation only, for a non-refundable $150 reservation fee. Reservations are for a 2 1/2 hour period. Reservations can also be made in person, depending upon availability.
*Wine Club Members Receive a 50% discount on the Reservation Fee*
MAKE YOUR ESTATE GAZEBO RENTAL RESERVATION: