Covid-19 Update (3.13.20)
E-Blast sent on 3.13.2020:
We Are Open and Committed to Keeping you Safe
We at Philip Carter Winery know that this is a challenging and uncertain time in the world. As the global efforts to combat COVID-19 are taking place, we at Philip Carter Winery are working to do our part and monitoring the status of things via local, state, and federal sources and will continue to take the appropriate actions as needed.
At this time, Philip Carter Winery will be open for business with normal operating hours. We are following the guidelines of the CDC and taking our own extra precautions that we have outlined below. This includes increased sanitation and safety protocols for our guests and our staff. As we take these important steps, we remain as positive as always.
- Philip Carter Winery staff members and guests should be aware of their own health and not report to work or visit the winery should they suspect any illness, or if they have been in close contact with others who are ill, including illness of family members, co-workers, and friends.
- Cleaning of our entire facility has been enhanced, both during and after the business hours, including sanitizing the bar after each tasting, disinfecting door handles, Ipads, phones, and other high traffic surface areas. Please bear with us as we make these changes. We understand that the smell of disinfectants can be a bit jarring in a winery setting but it is for your own safety.
- We have removed spittoons and cracker cups from the tasting room, and they will be replaced by a single-person disposable cup upon request. If you would like crackers please ask the staff member behind the bar for crackers in a clean cup.
- For our soup lunches, we will keep the soups and salads in the kitchen. If you are interested in them, ask a staff member and they would be happy to help. We ask that you dispose of all your dishes in our many trash cans.
- All of our glasses are sanitized in our high temperature, industrial dishwasher, however, in an effort to reduce the handling of used glasses and the transference of germs, our tastings will now include a glass for an additional $2.00 or be done in a disposable cup for the normal tasting price.
- If you are returning a glass you do not wish to take home, cutting boards, knives, etc., please take them to the register where a gloved staff member will take them and put them in our dishwasher. For the safety of you and our other guests please refrain from leaving dirty dishes on tables and bars.
At this time the safety and health of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance. Please keep this in mind when reviewing these changes. These are temporary safety measures put in place to protect our community. We thank you for your continued patronage and can’t wait to see you in Virginia Wine Country. Remember, this too shall pass!
Want to Stay Home but Need Your Wine?…
We Can Ship!
Shop our online storefront and get free shipping on 3 bottles or more!
– or –
Purchase a Gift Card and Visit Us Later!
With many people choosing to stay home, many small businesses that rely on continued patronage will feel the effects of COVID-19. Many, like us, have the option to purchase gift cards that can be used at a later date. If you would prefer to stay home during this time, this is a great way to support your local small business and visit us later.