Covid-19 E-blast 3.19.2020
We are Remaining Open
On March 17th, Virginia’s Governor Northam announced that non-essential gatherings should be limited to 10 or less people. Bars and restaurants in Virginia could remain open but limit service to 10 or less people at a time to aid in the social distancing efforts. At Philip Carter Winery, we are taking this seriously as are many wineries in our area.
Here at Philip Carter Winery, we are a smaller venue with lots of open spaces for you to enjoy your experience while continuing to “social distance.” Due to this, we have decided to stay open with our normal tasting room hours this weekend. We are continuing to follow the guidelines of the CDC as well as taking our own extra precautions to keep you safe. This includes increased sanitation and safety protocols for our guests and our staff.
- We will continue doing tastings this weekend at our tasting bars. However, we will be limiting tastings to no more than 10 people at any given time.
- Additionally, we will be using disposable glassware during our tastings or offering guests the option to purchase a souvenir wine glass to enjoy your tasting in and then take home with you.
- The tasting bar will fill on a first-come, first-serve basis for tastings. No reservations are required but to help us ensure we are properly staffed, we would love to know if you plan to visit us during this time. You can send us an email or text us at 540.277.9494 to let us know.
- Onsite Enjoyment:
- Glass and bottle purchases for enjoyment on property will continue. We are reducing the number of tables in the tasting room to increase social distancing and we have lots of outdoor space to enjoy your wine as well.
- We will encourage guests to enjoy their wines outside, weather permitting. Take a stroll through our vineyards, grab a picnic table, or bring a blanket and have a picnic to enjoy the fresh air. Picnics, Kids, and Dogs Welcome!
- If you made a tour reservation for this weekend, we will still be doing tours! We have reduced the number of people we can accommodate on our tours from 10 people to 6 people.
- Soup Lunches Canceled:
- As many of you know we have been doing soup lunches on the weekends. In order to allow us to put more effort into social distancing and keeping our guests safe, we will not be offering our soup lunch specials this weekend. We will still be offering our cheese and sausage baskets for your snaking needs.
- Curbside Pick-up:
- This weekend we will be offering curbside pickup. You can either purchase your wine ahead of time on our website and select pick up at the tasting room at checkout or call your order in and we will bring your order out to you when you arrive. The phone number is 540.364.1203.
To see other steps we are taking to help reduce the spread of Covid-19, you can refer to our previous e-blast sent last week here.