Phase One Guidelines
We have entered Phase One of Reopening as of 5.15.20 as Outlined by the Office of the Governor of Virginia.
We are excited to inform you that as of May 15, 2020 we have re-opened at Philip Carter Winery. It is very important to us that our staff and customers feel safe and welcome to visit us during this time. Due to this, we have made some new changes to adhere to the standards and guidelines set forth for wineries in Phase One of the Forward Virginia Plan.
No Reservation Required at this time!
Fridays: 12 pm – 4 pm
Saturdays: 12 pm – 6 pm
Sundays: 12 pm – 5 pm
Things to Know if Visiting:
- When you arrive we ask that you check-in at the Sales Window (along the sidewalk path) prior to choosing a table so we may welcome you and give you a rundown of how we are working to keep you and others safe.
- Purchases for Onsite Enjoyment:
- Purchases for onsite consumption will only be permitted for enjoyment in our outdoor areas only, rain or shine. Indoor seating is not available at this time per VA Phase One guidelines.
- Wine by both the bottle and glass will be available for purchase. All glass purchases will be served in disposable plastic cups at this time. If desired, souvenir wine glasses will be available for purchase for an additional $2 for you to enjoy and take home with you.
- At this time we will not be doing any tastings.
- We are offering Live Virtual tastings every other Friday via Facebook Live and offer discounted Virtual tasting bundles for those who would like to participate.
- Outdoor Seating:
- Only outdoor seating will be available at this time, no exceptions.
- Due to the size of our property we are not requiring reservations for our outdoor seating tables at this time, this may be subject to change.
- We will not be permitting groups of 10 or more on property at this time.
- 6ft social distancing is still required in all areas on property. Available tables and chairs will be spaced out on the property to maintain this requirement. Guests may not move or relocate any furniture on property.
- Guests are welcome to sit at any of the outdoor furniture provided or bring their own. We have a limited number of tables available on the property so guests are welcome to bring their own seating or picnic blankets as long as they do not set them up within 10 ft of any other table or customer. Philip Carter picnic blankets will also be available for purchase at the sales window.
- Dogs: We are Dog friendly for friendly dogs, outdoors leashed, and supervised at all times.
- Food: Guests are welcome to bring outside food to enjoy on property.
- No Outside Alcohol: In accordance with ABC law, outside alcohol is not permitted, and guests who appear intoxicated will be refused service. Wine tastings are not available at this time.
- For questions or details on bad weather options for onsite enjoyment please contact us directly via email or phone.
- To-Go Sales:
- Guests are still welcome and encouraged to purchase bottles to-go. We offer both in-person sales and Curbside pick-up for all to-go orders. Orders can be placed ahead of time by going to shop.pcwinery.com and selecting “Tasting Room Pick-up” or “Curbside Pick-up” under the shipping options at checkout.
- For Curbside orders please call the winery when you arrive and have your order information pulled up so we can verify your purchase.
- Guests are required to wear face masks and recommend gloves while interacting with staff, entering, exiting, or otherwise traveling about the property and indoor spaces. Face coverings are not required while seated at your table.
- All staff will be wearing masks and gloves as well as washing their hands frequently throughout the day.
- Guests are required to maintain a minimum of 6′ social distancing from other guests outside of their group and with employees. Guests may not congregate in groups of more than 10 guests. Guests in violation of this policy will be asked to leave.
- Guests will be permitted inside the building only to use the restrooms, purchase merchandise, or to place a to-go order when it is raining. Customers will need to bring their own gloves and masks to wear when indoors. The maximum number of guests permitted inside the building at any time is 10.
- Please refrain from extraneous touching of surfaces during your visit, including merchandise you do not plan to purchase.
- Staff will be sanitizing/cleaning all surfaces and bathrooms frequently and between guests.
- Guests are asked to minimize staff exposure by ensuring all their trash is appropriately disposed of in our trash cans and empty wine bottles placed in the recycling boxes.
For the safety of our staff and other guests, please do not visit if you have experienced a fever or any symptoms of COVID-19, or have known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days.
All guests are asked to follow the guidelines and restrictions of the county, city, or state in which they reside. If you live in an area that has not been cleared to enter Phase One or similar, we ask that you do not visit at this time.
If either of these applies to you, please consider taking advantage of our free shipping and online deals instead, more info below.